As part of its programme of support and investment across Blackpool and Wyre LeftCoast are unveiling special a new series of free professional development opportunities for artists and creatives living, working or studying in the area.
Designed as a springboard to allow aspiring artists and arts professionals at any stage of their careers to take the next steps in developing the practice and business skills the free sessions are a great opportunity to learn new skills and brush up on old ones.
Starting later this month the sessions cover marketing, organisational structures, online tools, audience development, project management, financial planning, finding and getting work, monitoring and evaluation plus much more besides.
The sessions are free to access for any artist or creative living, working or studying in Blackpool or Wyre, and are set to be delivered by experts from a range of organisations including Blackpool, Wyre & Fylde Council for Voluntary Service, DigiEnable, the Audience Agency, staff from Blackpool Council?s Corporate Research Team and specialists from national organisation a-n (The Artists Information Company).
The sessions are as follows:
- 19 June ? Audience Development?with the Audience Agency
- 29 June ? Organisational Structures with Simon Lawton from CVS
- 1 July ? General Marketing with DigiEnable
- 3 July ??Starting out as a Freelancer?with Hen Norton
- 6 July ? Dodge the Shredder Fundraising & Financial Strategy with Emilia Telese
- 13 July ? Online Tools (including Social Media) with DigiEnable
- 17 July ? Navigating the Art World with Lucy Day
- 30 July ? Managing a Project with Frances Lord
The first session takes place on 19 June with the Audience Agency?s session on growing and developing audiences for arts organisations at FYCreatives.