Funded by Arts Council England, LeftCoast delivers Blackpool and Wyre’s Creative People and Places programme to develop greater access to arts and culture for those that wouldn’t normally access the arts. We create and co-commission a wide range of arts programmes from large-scale spectacle to smaller, bespoke projects in our neighbourhood communities.
LeftCoast supports all the people involved in our projects to develop a greater sense of well-being and connectivity to the places that they live in. We work with individuals, organisations and whole communities to bring about positive change and improve the quality of life in local areas.
For the next year, we require a highly-motivated and people savvy individual to help deliver a dynamic programme of creative community engagement activity that includes:
- Supporting two long-term artist-in residency projects on our Hawes Side and Flakefleet estates
- Supporting and sign-posting local people to be creatively involved in our partner’s annual festival – SpareParts
- Recruiting and co-ordinating community groups for a mass participation dance project that culminates in a large-scale outdoor performance during LightPool (October 2021)
- Working with our neighbourhood partners (e.g. Regenda, Blackpool Coastal Housing, CVFS, Volunteer Blackpool, Wyre arts partnership) to pro-actively consult with estate residents to develop creative projects that have a lasting impact and resonance with them and their wider community
In the last two years, this creative engagement role has worked on some exciting projects which include:
- The Welcome, within our neighbourhoods of interest
- Facilitating community engagement in RUSH and helping develop #GetDancing
- Exploring ideas of community exchange and shared resources
- Consulting with residents on Hawes Side and Flakefleet estates through pop up making sessions to engage local residents in creative conversations
Aside from LeftCoast’s neighbourhood partners, the role of Creative Community Activist may involve speaking with PCSOs, local businesses, local schools, local charities and other voluntary sector providers.
Hence, LeftCoast is looking for an energetic and communicative individual who is passionate about working collaboratively with other people.
The LeftCoast team will be right behind the Creative Community Activist to employ arts and culture as a means to engage and develop a wide range of people and places relative to our programme.
For more information please download the Job Pack below.
If you would like to speak informally about this role, please contact the LeftCoast Office on 01253 532989 and leave a message.
For further details and to apply, please visit Blackpool Coastal Housing to complete an online application.
Closing Date: 12 noon on 5th March 2021
Digital Interviews: 17th March
Walking interviews: 24th March 2021