LeftCoast are seeking a photographer and writer to help capture the stories of the artistic engagement activities taking place in the run up to Banquet.
Banquet is a large scale event centred around celebration of all things food and the sense of community it can bring. Created by LeftCoast and They Eat Culture a two day event will take place in the beautiful Pavilion Theatre inside Blackpool?s Winter Gardens on Friday 23 and Saturday 24 October 2015.
Ahead of the main event in October a series of artistic engagement projects are taking place during August & September with communities across Blackpool and Wyre including?
- Bread & Butter Stitches ? Artist Harriet Riddel will be creating a huge table cloth which will be displayed at Banquet. Harriet will be working with the Blackpool Embroiderers Guild and older people in Dementia Care Homes in the area to create the cloth.
- People?s Pottery Project ? Artists Emilie Taylor and Victoria Dawes will be working with residents and allotment groups from across the area to create fifty sets of ceramic bowls which will be used at the Banquet meals.
- Lost Orchards of LeftCoast ? Artist Philip Parr is exploring abandoned fruit trees across the area and finding out people?s stories of where they have foraged fruit from. Philip will create a map of the trees and fruit will be harvested and served at Banquet.
- Wabi Char ? Artist Caroline Jupp is discovering tea rituals of local people through a series of workshops. Caroline will capture people?s stories and make them into a book which will be distributed at Banquet.
- Banquet Table ? Artist Michael Powell will be working with Blackpool Carers? Centre Woodworking group and local schools during September to create a giant banquet table which will be used at the Banquet meals.
- Wyre Salters ? Artists Maya Chowdhry and Jessica Mautner will be working with communities in Wyre and Fleetwood to make salt. The workshops will explore the heritage of making salt and will create salt to be used at the Banquet meals.
Writers Commission – ?800 ? CLICK HERE TO DOWNLOAD THE BRIEF
Photography Commission – ?1,000 ? CLICK HERE TO DOWNLOAD THE BRIEF
DEADLINE & ENQURIES
The deadline for applications for either brief is Tuesday 4 August at 12 midday.
Please direct any enquiries to Kerenza McClarnan, Creative Engagement Manager, on 01253 477973 or email email@example.com