This brief is for a 12 month live/work residency and is part of a programme of two long term live work residencies on the Fylde Coast. Both residencies have been shaped and flexed to the particular concerns of the geographical location that they are sited.
Back in 2019 we welcomed our first long term live/work resident artist to Boston Way. Since 2019 we have hosted three live/work resident artists, one for 12 months and two for 6 months. We started this programme with the question;
‘What happened when artists become tenants as opposed to working with tenants?’
We have learnt a lot along the way. We have learnt that loneliness is cross generational and can be rooted in place, we know that small daily acts are the foundation of community and we know that perception from the outside can be very different to lived experience.
This programme is funded through the National Lottery Community Fund and has the following outcomes:
- Estate residents will feel less isolated
- People feel more pride in, and connected to, their locality
- People having increased self-confidence to request or make the changes they want to see happen on their estate
How to apply
Please download the full Brief below for more information on the application procedure. We are undertaking a two stage interview process, the first a digital presentation of your work and the second a walking interview in Blackpool at a suitable social distance.
- Brief released 12th Feb
- Wed 17 Feb 2pm, open zoom question session 1 for any queries before applying
- Wed 24th Feb 2pm, open zoom question session 2 for any queries before applying
- Deadline 12pm, Fri 5th March
- Interview 1: Tue 16th March – Zoom work presentations
- Interview 2: Tue 23rd March – In person outside walking interview
- Residency starts 1st April – Physical move in needs to take place by the 1st of May. Virtual meetings can be arranged before this to start the residency
The residency house is a three bedroom house and we welcome applications from families, couples and collaborations (as long as you can form a bubble).
Accommodation will be provided for the residency as part of the payment. This does not include utility bills. (Value equal to £5000)
Artist Fee: £18,000 for the year
Access to materials and production budget
To book onto a zoom question session please email email@example.com
Please email finished applications to Laura Jamieson firstname.lastname@example.org by 12pm 5th March 2021